(904) 998-9733 x101
Mr. Heekin is a Jacksonville native and graduate of Bishop Kenny High School. He is a licensed attorney and focuses his practice primarily on residential and commercial real estate matters. Since the mortgage meltdown in 2008, Mr. Heekin has primarily focused on helping sellers of residential and commercial real estate navigate the complex and evolving loss mitigation landscape. Mr. Heekin is a frequent lecturer on the topic of short sales and other loss mitigation strategies. Mr. Heekin founded Landmark Title in 2005 and the company has grown steadily each year as customers all over North Florida have enjoyed the outstanding customer service and attention to detail that made it the #1 title company by volume in Northeast Florida in 2013.
- University of Florida, Juris Doctor (2001)
- University of Florida, Master of Business Administration (2001)
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (1997)
Publications and Presentations
- Frequent lecturer at Realtor events on topics ranging from short sales and other loss mitigation strategies, real estate closings, RESPA, FIRPTA, and general Florida real estate law updates.
- Assistant Scout Master, Boy Scouts of America Troop 106 (Eagle Scout 1992)
(904) 998-9733 x107
Mrs. Causey is a native of Kinston, North Carolina, and literally grew up in the title business. Her mother was a paralegal in Kinston for the largest real estate law firm in town and Mrs. Causey spent her days after school and in the summer working at the firm and honing her skills as a real estate processor and closer. Mrs. Causey is a licensed title insurance agent in the State of Florida and has been an employee at Landmark Title for almost 10 years, working her way up from processor to Vice-President. Mrs. Causey’s customers appreciate her attention to detail and caring attitude that she brings to every transaction she is involved in.
- Florida Title Agent School
- Kinston High School
(904) 998-9733 x114
Mr. Almand is a Jacksonville native and graduate of Episcopal High School. Mr. Almand is a licensed attorney and prior to joining Landmark Title ran a very successful boutique real estate law practice for many years, focusing on the needs of residential contractors. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Almand, formerly a licensed residential contractor, managed his own residential construction company for several years. His extensive experience in construction enables him to provide his numerous developer and homebuilder clients with practical, real world advice and a unique legal perspective.
- University of Florida, Juris Doctor (1987)
- Wake Forest University, Master of Business Administration (1980)
- Furman University, Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (1978)
(904) 998-9733 x143
Mr. Li focuses his practice primarily on residential and commercial real estate, business transactions, and corporate matters. Mr. Li has over a decade of experience in raw land acquisition, development and disposition, and spent nearly three years in the General Counsel’s office at the University of Florida handling real estate, finance and contract matters for UF. Prior to that Mr. Li was a shareholder at Pappas, Metcalf, Jenks and Miller in Jacksonville where he focused on land development issues. Mr. Li also speaks fluent Mandarin Chinese.
- University of Florida, Juris Doctor (2000)
- University of Florida, Master of Arts in Real Estate Finance
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (1996)
(904) 998-9733 x117
Todd Cottrill specializes in real estate transactions. His practice covers all aspects of real estate and general business transactions, including contract preparation, due diligence, lending, leasing, and asset purchases. In addition, he represents developers with respect to land acquisition, development and sales. Mr. Cottrill also represents multi-family and condominium developers, condominium associations and homeowner associations. Prior to joining Heekin Law, Mr. Cottrill was a shareholder of Gunster, Yoakley & Stewart, P.A., and Pappas Metcalf Jenks & Miller, P.A.
- Florida State University, Juris Doctor, with High Honors (1998)
- Florida State University, B.A. (1995)
(904) 998-9733 x141
Ms. Ralston is a Jacksonville native and graduate of Robert E. Lee High School. With nearly twelve years of experience in real estate law, her practice primarily focuses on residential and commercial real estate transactions. She most recently served as in-house counsel for a national title insurance company, and previously was with Milne, Buckingham & Ralston, P.A., focusing on residential and commercial sales and refinances.
- University of Florida, Juris Doctor (2002)
- Stetson University, Bachelor of Arts (1992)
(904) 998-9733 x121
Howard Smith is a native of St. Joseph Michigan and a graduate of the University of Florida College of Law, and the University of Florida College of Journalism. Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Smith was an award-winning newspaper and magazine writer. Mr. Smith has been practicing law since 1993 and is a member of the Florida Bar Association, and the Real Estate, Probate, Trust Law and Estate Planning section of the Florida Bar. He is a licensed Realtor and member of the Northeast Florida Association of Realtors (NEFAR), Florida Realtors and National Association of Realtors. In addition to residential and commercial real estate, Howard practices in the areas of small business law and estate planning.
- University of Florida Collage of Journalism (1981)
- University of Florida College of Law (1992)
Publications and Presentations
- Member of the NEFAR forms committee, and an instructor with NEFAR, teaching on contracts as well as many other classes. He teaches various classes for Realtor groups, and is available to teach both small and large groups of Realtors.
4540 Southside Blvd., Suite 202
Jacksonville, Florida 32216
St. Augustine Office:
184 State Road 312
St. Augustine, Florida 32086
World Golf Village Office:
100 E. Town Place, Suite 204
St. Augustine, Florida 32092
2063 Oak Street
Jacksonville, Florida 32204
County Road 210 Office:
159 Hampton Point Dr., Suite 1
St. Augustine, FL 32092
8:30am - 5:00pm
Instant Title Insurance Quote
Just tell us the policy amount.
Note: The above price quote represents Landmark Title's standard fees and costs for a typical residential closing. For a more detailed quote of all of your closing costs on a specific transaction, or for title policies greater than $1 Million, please call our office at (904) 998-9733.